Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Personal Victory

Vale (Okay)

Not that anything especially amazing has happened in the last 4 days, but I have finally figured out what and who is my host family consists of! I felt like this merited a blog post! I mean, sure I've been living with these wonderful people for an entire month, but better late than never, right? So, I have two parents: Miguel and Isabel. And they have four kids, and now I have met all of them. I was wrong before when I thought the son who is married with 2 kids is the 22 year old. Sergio (the oldest who is married and has 2 boys Adrian and David-- both totally adorable). I do not know how old Sergio, but I'm going to guess low 30s. Then there is Patricia, who lives at home and is 29. This is not uncommon in Spain. Many children do not move out until they are married. Then there is Guillermo, who is 22 and doesn't live at home, but is not married (I don't think). Then the youngest is Miguel, who is 19 and also lives at home. So glad I could clear that up for myself!

This weekend I am headed to Granada with a couple of friends. The only activity we have planned is visiting the Alhambra, which we already have reserved tickets for and everything. I'm excited to venture out of Sevilla for the first time for a whole weekend. At the same time I'm a bit nervous just because Sevilla is now my comfort zone. I'll be just fine, and I plan to make you all very jealous of my weekend travels with any fabulous pictures I take. Although, the past few days I know it has been nicer back in the States than here. My only goal for the past 3 days has been to stay dry. I have yet to accomplish this. My shoes are soaked, as are my clothes. It's been raining the past 3 days inconsistently, but it's as if when I walk outside, mother nature decides to have a torrential downpour. Let's hope none of that happens this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment